Swiss WorldCargo launches Winter 2021 timetable
Updated on October 1st, 2020 at 22:17 IST
Swiss WorldCargo launches Winter 2021 timetable, which will include flights to almost all of our past major gateways. The airline plans to constantly increase frequencies throughout the timetable, as the situation eases. Alongside the scheduled flights mentioned in the timetable, they will continue with charter flights and cargo-only flights to select destinations outside of the network.
Changes for Winter Timetable – as of 25 October 2020:
· Bangkok (BKK) 3x weekly (LX180 day 2, 4, and 6, LX181 day 1, 4, and 6)
· Hong Kong (HKG) 3x weekly (LX 138 day 2, 4 and 6, LX139 day 1, 4 and 6)
· Mumbai (BOM) 3x weekly (LX154 day 2, 5 and 7, LX155 day 2, 4 and 7)
· Shanghai (PVG) 2x weekly (LX 188 day 2 and 7, LX189 day 2 and 4)
· Singapore (SIN) 3x weekly (LX176 day 1, 3 and 5, LX177 day 3, 5 and 7)
· Tokyo (NRT) 3x weekly (LX160 day 1, 4 and 6, LX161 day 1, 3 and 6)
· Boston (BOS) 2x weekly (LX054 day 4 and 6, LX055 day 5 and 7)
· Buenos Aires (BUE) 1x weekly (LX2698 day 5, LX2699 day 6)
· Chicago (ORD) 3x weekly (LX008 day 2,4 and 6, LX009 day 2,4 and 6)
· New York (EWR) 5x weekly (LX018 day 2,4,5,6 and 7, LX019 day 2,4,5,6 and 7)
· New York (JFK) 5x weekly (LX014 day 1,3,4,6 and 7, LX015 day 1,3,4,6 and 7)
· Montreal (YUL) 3x weekly (LX086 day 2,4 and 6, LX087 day 2,4 and 6)
· San Francisco (SFO) 2x weekly (LX038 day 3 and 6, LX039 day 3 and 6)
· Sao Paolo (GRU) 3x weekly (LX092 day 1,4, and 6, LX093 day 2,5 and 7)
Middle East and Africa:
· Dubai (DXB) 3x weekly (LX242 day 2, 4, and 6, LX243 day 1, 4, and 6)
· Johannesburg (JNB) 3x weekly (LX288 day 1, 3, and 5, LX289 day 2, 4, and 6)
· Tel Aviv (TLV) 3x weekly (LX256 day 3, 5, and 7, LX257 day 2, 5, and 7)
The year 2020 has been extraordinary and different from any we have ever known. Much of what we have always understood as normal has changed dramatically, and the effects of the COVID-19 crisis have been felt heavily throughout the world, and will be felt in the coming months and years ahead. The air cargo industry has played an important role in helping to offset the effects of the crisis. Despite drastic reductions in available capacity, we have been able to maintain the flow of global commerce, connecting economies and shipping life-saving medicines and materials that support medical professionals worldwide.
Ashwin Bhat, head of cargo, Swiss International Air Lines, says, "SWISS has been affected massively with dramatic reduction of capacity due to declining passengers impacted by the constantly evolving restrictions imposed globally to halt the rapid spread of the pandemic. Even under these circumstances, Swiss WorldCargo was able to maintain a network schedule of flights (and road feeder service) connecting Switzerland to the world and offering solutions to our customers for their critical and care-intensive cargo. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Swiss WorldCargo has flown approx. 1,000 cargo only flights, offering our customers the same quality services and products as in the past."