Malaysia Airlines to start cargo flights to Maastricht Aachen Airport

Scheduled weekly flight will use relatively fuel efficient and quieter Airbus A330F

Malaysia Airlines to start weekly cargo flights to Maastricht Aachen Airport
Listen to this Article

Maastricht Aachen Airport (MST) has been chosen by Malaysia Airlines as its latest destination for a weekly full freighter cargo service with the first inbound flight set to arrive from Kuala Lumpur from April 13, 2024.

The scheduled weekly flight will use the relatively fuel efficient and quieter Airbus A330F, and make Maastricht Aachen Airport the second airport in Europe that Malaysia Airlines flies to after Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, says an official release.

“This is an important opportunity for MST. Since Royal Schiphol Group (RSG) invested in 40 percent of the airport last year, we have seen our operations consistently growing,” says Jonas Van Stekelenburg, Chief Executive Officer, MST. “Our new runway and close partnership with AMS are among the many reasons we can offer Malaysia Airlines a great option to fly inbound and outbound cargo to and from.

“Our location, high performing team, and efficiency are widely known to attract cargo flights, but being part of RSG is accelerating our growth and popularity within Europe as a top cargo destination.”

RSG invested for a 40 percent stake in MST last year with the other 60 percent held by the region, the province of Limburg. Since then, both shareholders have invested €30 million in the new runway, which was renewed last year, and MST is currently investing more than €40 million in further upgrades to the infrastructure and hardware of the airport, the release added.

Read Full Article
Next Story
Share it