Indian airline Vistara leases six aircraft to support expansion plans
May 27, 2019: BOC Aviation, Singapore-based aircraft lessor, has announced the placement of four Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft – including two from the managed fleet - and two Airbus A320NEO aircraft with Indian carrier Vistara.
Vistara, one of the fastest growing Indian carriers, is set to receive all the Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft this month, according to BOC Aviation.
The two Airbus A320NEO aircraft will be delivered in the second half of 2019 and will be powered by CFM Leap 1A engines.
“We are excited to support Vistara once again as it builds its profile in the rapidly growing Indian airline sector,” said Robert Martin, managing director and chief executive officer of BOC Aviation.
“Our relationship with Vistara dates back to 2014, when we announced the placement of 20 Airbus A320 family aircraft with the airline. In 2017, BOC Aviation delivered its first Airbus A320NEO aircraft to Vistara and we are pleased to work together on its future fleet requirements.”
Leslie Thng, chief executive officer, Vistara said: “The company has been supportive of our expansion plans since the start of Vistara’s operations in 2015 and we look forward to continued cooperation in future.”
Indian carriers have been in an expansion mode as they acquire aircraft in large numbers in order to grow their network. SpiceJet, major Indian airline, received three Boeing B737-800 NG aircraft from BOC Aviation.
Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51 percent in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49 percent.
You may also like:-
As Boeing's first chief sustainability officer, Raymond will be responsible for further advancing Boeing's approach to sustainability that is focused on environmental, social and governance priorities, stakeholder-oriented reporting and company performance.
Eastern Airlines has roped in Mike Duggan as director of International Cargo Business Development. Duggan will also be responsible to lead and support the carrier’s move into freighter operations.
Amid over 18 per cent and 19 per cent drop in the overall market tonnage and FTK (freight tonne-kilometres), respectively, the Group managed to hold on to 5 per cent and 10 per cent decrease.
The announcement on September 16 was welcomed by the country’s beleaguered airline sector, which has been lobbying for months for the reopening of international travel.
From a more efficient baggage-handling system that accommodates luggage of all sizes and shapes so skis don’t need to be dropped off at a special coun
The company has been well established for many years in both countries through network partnerships and decided to open its own offices in each location to offer customers a full spectrum of multi-modal services.
FAA approval officially enables reciprocal EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) approval, which is anticipated in the very near future.
The global rollout of CargoWise across a. hartrodt operations in Asia, South and North America, Oceania and Europe, will be a staged process with completion by March 2023.
The hospital which included generators, tents, HEPA filters and medical equipment, can facilitate up to 200 people to receive potential lifesaving treatment.
Glyn Hughes, current global head of cargo at International Air Transport Association (IATA), leaves the airline industry organisation amidst the Covid-19 pandemic.
Mike Honious will succeed Randy Tucker, who is retiring as President & CEO of GEODIS in Americas.
By mid-October, Qatar Airways will operate 46 weekly flights to 14 destinations in Africa, including Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam, Djibouti, Entebbe, Kigali, Kilimanjaro, Lagos, Mogadishu, Nairobi, Seychelles, Tunis, Windhoek and Zanzibar.
In addition to handling its regular cargo business, it also transported surgical supplies, sanitizers, face masks, coronavirus rapid test kits and more